Bunifu is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us at if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not) – refers to Bunifu Technologies Limited – the company.
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, and transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you with information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited to a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s Rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have the right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed, what data is gathered, from where it is obtained, and why and by whom it’s being processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your gathered Personal Data.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data if/when inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances, you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object the Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of Direct Marketing.
- Right to object automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object automated Processing, including profiling, and not be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. You can exercise this right whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled, please do contact us.
- Right to the help of a Supervisory Authority – meaning you have the right to the help of a Supervisory Authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right to withdraw any given consent for the Processing of your Personal Data.
We have created a Privacy Center where after identifying yourself, you can download or delete your data.
Data we gather
The information you have provided us with
If you are an existing customer or user, you may have already provided us with your e-mail address, name, and billing address – mainly information that is necessary for delivering you the product after purchase or to enhance your customer experience with us.
If you are a new customer or user, when doing a purchase through our website, we collect personal information such as your name, email, IP address, address information and company details. This also happens when you are trying the product for free; we collect your email, your device ID, and IP information. For subscriptions to membership, blogs and newsletters, we only collect your email, name and IP address. We save the information you provide us with in order for you to comment or perform other activities on the website.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your shopping cart information, your IP address, your shopping history (if there is any) etc. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
When coming on live chat, we automatically collect information about your location and IP address. Other third-party tools like Analytics collect your computer and browser information.
Information from our partners
We gather information from our trusted partners with confirmation that they have legal grounds to share that information with us. This is either information you have provided them directly with or that they have gathered about you on other legal grounds. See the list of our partners here.
Publicly available information
We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
How we use your Personal Data
For customer/users, we use the data to:
- Register your Account.
- Send you your License details.
- Send download-files and communication about product updates.
- Verify that you are the actual owner of an account and license.
- Additionally, for customers, we use your data for API verification and may link up with third-party API’s used by the product or service (e.g. we use React API for authentication).
- To communicate updates and promotions.
- Maintain your account on the website.
- Fulfill an obligation under law or contract.
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To identify you.
- To provide you a service or to send/offer you a product.
- To communicate either for sales or invoicing.
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To send you personalized offers* (from us and/or our carefully selected third-party providers)
- To administer and analyze our client base (purchasing behavior and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/services offered or provided.
- To conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected third-party providers and partners).
- For other purposes we have asked your consent for.
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfill obligations arising from the law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymize Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymized. We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from the law.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- The link between purposes, context, and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing.
- The further Processing would not harm your interests and,
- There would be an appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience. We share your data with:
Our processing partners:
- Reputable infrastructure, e.g. for storage and backups.
Our business partners:
- Order processing: PayPro Global and PayPal
- Re-sellers and Distributors (*To be updated once active)
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure an adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymizing and pseudonymizing where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. We have enabled:
- Encryption through SSL
- Enabled Web Application Firewall
Even though we try our best, we cannot guarantee the total security of information. However, we do promise to notify suitable authorities in case of any data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, please note that you need to keep your username and password secret. You also have a role in ensuring the safety of your data through the use strong passwords.
Our product is not age-restrictive and can be used for educational purposes as well. For children, we highly recommend directed guidance from parent/guardian when signing-up.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help improve a site’s user-experience and engagements. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required in order to use some important features on our website such as logging in. These cookies do not collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient thus providing extended personalization features. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information the next time you’re commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services.
- Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and your interests. In addition to this, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They’re usually placed on the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and the information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Often, targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization.
You can remove cookies stored on your computer via your browser’s settings. Alternatively, you can control some third-party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, please visit allaboutcookies.org.
Cross-border data transfers
You agree to such cross-border transfers of personal information.
The authority responsible for communication in Kenya is the Communication Authority.
Last updated and effective on 19th May, 2018.